The Elgar Society Archive
Since its foundation in 1951, the Elgar Society has accumulated a considerable archive documenting its own activities over the past sixty years, though this was not put on a professionally accessible basis until the appointment of the first Hon Archivist in 1994. The archive is now accommodated in the best environmental conditions available at the Worcestershire Record Office, which has just (July 2012) relocated to a new building known as The Hive in the centre of the city.
The collection consists principally of the minutes of the Society's governing body, the Council, and its various committees and other related project groups, accounts and annual reports, correspondence of the principal officers, society sponsored concerts and other events, photographs and other miscellaneous material relating to all aspects of the Society's activities. It is also envisaged that the archives of the Society's various branches could be deposited here too, if an appropriate local repository cannot be found.
The Society's archivist can be contacted on how to access this material and is also keen to hear from anyone who might have further material that is relevant to the Society's development and activities.
All enquiries should be made to Richard Hall at email@example.com