Elgar Enterprises is the trading arm of the Elgar
Society. The company was formed in August 1999 with the prime objective of raising funds
to support the Society's charitable work. This the company plans to do by the publication and
sale of goods in five main areas defined in the company's Memorandum of Association :
- traditional publishing ventures : Elgar Editions, the company's publishing
imprint, aims to publish one or two books a year, usually a substantial hardback book in the
Autumn and a shorter softback monograph each Spring.
- audio CD recordings : with all of Elgar's major works now readily available through
High Street retail outlets, the company will concentrate on the less well known works and
unusual and unrecorded arrangements of the better known works. A complete edition of the
piano arrangements for two and four hands has been discussed.
- electronic publishing : the company is working towards the publication in mid-2001
of a CD-ROM containing all twentieth century issues of the Elgar Society Journal, News and
the earlier Newsletter, together with an updated bibliography, a copy of this website and a short
history of the Society. Other CD-ROM projects are under consideration.
- web authoring : a web authoring service for choirs, societies and other bodies with
aims compatible with those of the Elgar Society has been launched under the name Friends
- consumables and souvenirs, including Elgar notelets, a new design of Elgar Society
tie and other, smaller souvenirs such as keyrings and pens.
As plans firm up, new publications will be announced on this page, and special
pre-publication offers will be made on the Market Place pages of the website.